TOI OHOMAI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Academic Staff Member – Nursing (Mental Health and Addictions)
Part-time fixed term and Full-time permanent positions available
Faculty of Health, Education and Environment
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of New Zealand’s newest, and the Bay of Plenty’s largest, tertiary education provider.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is one of New Zealand’s largest Institutes of Technology serving the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato regions with major campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Whakatāne, Taupō and Tokoroa, and learning centres spread across the region.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to providing relevant targeted vocational and professional education to meet current and future employment needs. You will be part of an institution that will support the region to grow, increasing access and participation and ensuring enhanced education and employment outcomes for our students.
These positions are for Academic Staff Members, specialising in mental health and addiction, with the Nursing team in the Faculty of Health, Education and Environment. Specifically, we are recruiting:
· 0.5 FTE (fixed-term for a year) in Rotorua
· 0.5 FTE (fixed-term for a year) in Tauranga, and
· 1.0 FTE (permanent) in Tauranga
These roles involve teaching on our Bachelor of Nursing programme. As an ASM within this team you will be required to teach in the classroom and tutor students; research, review, and update resources and classroom materials; set and mark assessments and enter results; assist with the recruitment and care of students; and actively participate in the team and school environment.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
· Delivery in the Bachelor of Nursing
· Providing leadership in student management
· Developing, planning and implementing student assessment, courses and resource material
· Monitoring student progress and results and providing timely and accurate advice and support as required
· Planning and timetabling for the programme as well as assisting with recruitment
The skills, experience and qualifications required for this role include:
· Mental Health & Addictions practice experience
· At least three years post-registration in clinical nursing practice
· NZ registered Nurse
· Master’s Degree, or working towards
Skills and/or qualifications in te reo Māori and adult teaching would also be highly advantageous.
As a responsible employer and education provider, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons and applies relevant policy and practice to meet this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo relevant vetting and employment checks.