Academic Staff Member – NZ Diploma in Architectural Technology (Tauranga)
Permanent Full Time or Part Time proportion considered.
Start date: 03 February 2021
Faculty of Primary Industries, Trades and Infrastructure
Toi Ohomai delivers quality vocational education and training to both domestic and international students, across five main campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Taupō, Tokoroa and Whakatāne, and 68 delivery sites across the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato. Toi Ohomai is now a subsidiary organisation for Te Pukenga and part of a transformational change unifying all 16 Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics across Aotearoa; together with other work-based, provider-based and online learning. Collectively we will be NZ’s largest tertiary education provider with national and regional reach enabling learners and employers to move between workplaces and other educational offerings and between locations as their needs change.
Join a supportive team of diverse and highly skilled people who have a passion for education. This is a great opportunity for you to experience the lifestyle a tertiary tutor enjoys and give back to your industry to prepare the next generation.
This position is for an Academic Staff Member (ASM) with the Construction and Engineering Team in the Faculty of Primary Industries, Trades and Infrastructure. This role involves teaching on our Level 6 Architectural Technology programme. As an ASM within this team you will be required to teach in the classroom and tutor students; research, review, and update resources and classroom materials; set and mark assessments and enter results; assist with the recruitment and care of students; and actively participate in the team and school environment.
We are seeking a new ASM to join our team and in addition to fundamentals, we are looking for strong working knowledge, skills and experience in the following subject areas:
· The New Zealand Building code.Relevant New Zealand Standards especially NZS3604
· Bachelor or Masters in Architecture, or NZ Certificate or Diploma in Architectural Technology, or significant suitable industry experience
· At least 5 years recent NZ experience as a Architectural Practitioner
· Preparing of Working Drawing Documentation
· Specification Writing
· Preliminary Design
· Architectural History and Design Theory
· Building Services
· ArchiCAD or Revit
· Building Information Modelling
· Hand Drawing/Sketching
The key responsibilities for this position include:
· Delivery of a range of courses on the NZ Diploma in Architectural Technology
· Developing, planning and implementing student assessment, courses and resource material
· Monitoring student progress and results and providing timely and accurate advice and support as required
· Planning and timetabling for the programme
As a responsible employer and education provider, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons and applies relevant policy and practice to meet this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo relevant vetting and employment checks.
Applications close: 27 November 2020