Academic Staff Member (ASM) Electrotechnology - Tauranga
Full Time, Fixed Term (1 Year) 1.0 FTE
Start Date: July 2020
Electrotechnology Team, Faculty of Primary Industries, Trades and Infrastructure
Toi Ohomai delivers quality vocational education and training to both domestic and international students, across five main campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Taupō, Tokoroa and Whakatāne, and 68 delivery sites across the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato. Toi Ohomai is now a subsidiary organisation for NZ Institute of Skills & Technology (working name) and part of a transformational change unifying all 16 Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics across Aotearoa; together with other work-based, provider-based and online learning. Collectively we will be NZ’s largest tertiary education provider with national and regional reach enabling learners and employers to move between workplaces and other educational offerings and between locations as their needs change.
This position is for an Academic Staff Member (ASM) within the Electrotechnology Team in the Faculty of Primary Industries, Trades and Infrastructure. This role involves teaching on our Electrical Programmes and is based at the Windermere Campus in Tauranga however, some travel may be required depending on delivery needs. As an ASM within this team you will be required to teach in the classroom and tutor students; research, review, and update resources and classroom materials; set and mark assessments and enter results; assist with the recruitment and care of students; and actively participate in the team and school environment.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
• Delivery of Electrical programmes
• Providing leadership in student management
• Developing, planning and implementing student assessment, courses and resource material
• Monitoring student progress and results and providing timely and accurate advice and support as required
• Planning and timetabling for the programme as well as assisting with recruitment.
The skills, experience and qualifications required for this role include:
• National Certificate in Electrical Engineering Level 4 or equivalent or higher
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a registered Electrician
• Electrical Registration and Practicing Licence
• Proficiency using computer programmes including Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a responsible employer and education provider, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons and applies relevant policy and practice to meet this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo relevant vetting and employment checks.
To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter alongside your online application.